Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Messing in Boats


This is the page that I did with the sketch over at A Trip Down Memory Lane, here it is


I compacted it a little bit, and used the flowers from the papers instead of stars. 

The photos are from one of our favourite rides at Legoland....mainly as when we go with our friends we all race on their boating ride (which is very slowly as these boats don't move fast) and try to overtake each other, which is very difficult.

The papers are all from the BoBunny Serenity papers that they sent me, I cut out several strips which I inked and ruffled, stitched and layered behind the photos.  I also tore up some doily and inked that a little too. I then added some cherry blossom branches that I cut out and glued to the sides.  I also used a technique that I saw on pinterest where you use the rubber end of a pencil to print little circles on your page.  So behind the blossoms I added some prints of red and gold too.  I used one of the journalling pieces for my journal spot and printed out the text using a typewriter font on the computer.  The title is a mix of Authentique stickers and I used my silhouette to cut out the word boats using the Ali Edwards font which I stitched through.

I hope you all have a lovely 1st May day.







LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails