Monday 9 July 2012

3 young cousins


I just realised I have a little group of pages I haven't shown you yet, I have another page and card from the beautiful kit that Mel and Jill put together at A Trip Down Memory Lane to show you over  the next few days.  This page was made with the In Love collection by Websters pages.

I wanted to have a go at an oversized photo, though I didn't have much luck printing it out as a 12"....so I had to settle for 6 by 8 - next time I will try and get a print to fill the page and make sure my camera is on the correct setting :)  I am still enjoying using negative space on my pages so I cut a thick band of paper and then die cut the 3 young cousins....a take on the 3 wise monkeys.  I layered paper and doily behind the die cuts to make them stand out more, and stitched around the 3 with black embroidery thread.  With the photo filling so much of the page my embellishments were strips of the paper that I ruffled, folded and stitched on - Websters have those lovely strips at the bottom of the pages that you can cut off and use as paper ribbons.  I also added a banner of hearts and one of the journal spots too...the last bit was a few flicks of black ink.

So here are 2 of my nieces and my son, I love the photo as it captures a bit of each of their characters all in one go....those that know my son will not be surprised that he is talking, or that my middle niece is giggling, and my smallest niece is holding onto doggy and looking seriously to one side to work out what she is meant to be doing.

There is lots of inspiration up in the gallery so I shall leave you with a link to it.








15 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful. I love the photograph and the journalling is fab.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. just lovely! love the negative space in the title

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy reminds me of Angel Cake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love all the layers behind the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely page for your album, great photo.
    Love the ruffled & stitched paper strips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That photo is adorable! I love using oversized pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout, love all the ruffled paper. I always forget to do this, really should make sure I include it on a future layout because it's so effective. Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty!
    I love oversized photos on layouts.
    And love the negative space title!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the larger photo looks good. Love the b&w image with the papers x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning, absolutely gorgeous, love the texture peeking through on the number 3.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous layout.I love all the paper folding and stitching.Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great memory and beautiful page. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so gorgeous! love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This layout is stunning! The larger picture is always nice with all the little details around it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails