Thursday, 19 July 2012

It's Not Nice


This is one of the photos from our Isle of Wight holiday this year...it was very wet, and I didn't realise that the paint stripes I added to the background look a lot like rain too!  We were camping with lots of friends and one family decided to arrange a treasure hunt for us around the island, and this also involved going into the towns and buying items.  My kids had been given ice cream money, and as it hadn't been sunny or warm there wasn't much call to use it so they were very keen to go out and do some spending.  They were both captivated by all the brightly coloured rock, and my youngest bought a beautiful fruity flavoured rock lolly....however he was very disappointed to find out that it was actually a minty/fruity lolly which wasn't what he wanted!  So he put on a sad face for me and then gave it to his brother to finish.

This is my first play with the lovely Simple Stories paper range, it has one of my favourite pieces of rainbow coloured chevron.  I love all the hessian and denim in the papers which work well for boys and girls.  I used the edge of the credit card I use for paint to make the stripes on the background and then layered up my papers which I stitched and distressed.  I added a pocket behind the photo for my journalling and punched out some star confetti with my pound land punch.  The title is also from Simple Stories, and to make the word nice stand out a little more I just went around the edge with a gel pen.



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails