Monday, 16 July 2012

Baking Cakes


I created this page for the studio challenge blog, there is a sketch to use and I followed it fairly closely.  It is a proud photo moment too....as this was my first use of my piping bag for decorating cakes and I wasn't sure how they were going to turn out, but I was really pleased with the end result.

The papers are all from the Dear Lizzy range by American Crafts and are 'hundreds and thousands' (sprinkles) colours.  I used a plate to cut out the circle which I inked and stitched around, I hand cut all the pieces except for the small circle....anything circular in my house is at risk of being drawn around for a page.  The bunting is also part of the Dear Lizzy range, so I had fun detaching it from the large sheet and arranging it on the page.  I added a few flicks of green shimmer mist and sine Nartga Stewart butterflies, the cake embellishment is by American Crafts too.  My final step was a line around the page to frame it.




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails