Monday, 2 July 2012

Catching the News


Here is my page for the studio challenge - you have a selection of beautiful pastel colours to draw your inspiration from, pink, a golden tan, grey, black (ok not pastel) and duck egg blue and I decided to include them in another messy page.

For the colours I chose Websters pages In Love collection, I'll have some more pages from this range later in the week as I was sent them from A Trip Down Memory Lane.  I also took inspiration from the circles (and a link to a Dyan Reaveleys video my friend Virginia pointed me in the direction of!). I started with my overlapping circle mask, and sprayed with brown, blue, green, black and white mist over the page. Once I had done all that spraying I used the other side of the mask to make some prints on the page too - like in the bottom right hand corner.  When this was dry I then painted gesso around some of my plates and an holding masking tape role, I then spritzed a little more with the brown glimmer mist as the gesso was a bit too white.  Next was to start placing my papers - I am down to off cuts of these papers as I've used  them on a few other projects, so I cut some strips and rectangles, stitched and inked them up.  I also added some dictionary paper which I glued and then covered the edges with gesso too.  I made a paper pleat for the right hand side of the photo and added some lace on top too.  At the moment I am enjoying using twine on my projects, so I added some loops with a Martha Stewart butterfly at the end, then a  little stamp with some MME stamps a mix of prima and AC thickets for my title, the journalling and all done.

The photo - on Sundays my Mum and Dad get a whole selection of papers in, and so when we get together for Sunday lunches there after lunch most of us dip into the papers.  I hadn't realised that my son has obviously observed this too....and it made me smile when I caught him on the sofa with the paper!

Here is a link if you want to come and see the rest of the pages the DT have created and also to join in with us.





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails