Monday 2 July 2012

Catching the News


Here is my page for the studio challenge - you have a selection of beautiful pastel colours to draw your inspiration from, pink, a golden tan, grey, black (ok not pastel) and duck egg blue and I decided to include them in another messy page.

For the colours I chose Websters pages In Love collection, I'll have some more pages from this range later in the week as I was sent them from A Trip Down Memory Lane.  I also took inspiration from the circles (and a link to a Dyan Reaveleys video my friend Virginia pointed me in the direction of!). I started with my overlapping circle mask, and sprayed with brown, blue, green, black and white mist over the page. Once I had done all that spraying I used the other side of the mask to make some prints on the page too - like in the bottom right hand corner.  When this was dry I then painted gesso around some of my plates and an holding masking tape role, I then spritzed a little more with the brown glimmer mist as the gesso was a bit too white.  Next was to start placing my papers - I am down to off cuts of these papers as I've used  them on a few other projects, so I cut some strips and rectangles, stitched and inked them up.  I also added some dictionary paper which I glued and then covered the edges with gesso too.  I made a paper pleat for the right hand side of the photo and added some lace on top too.  At the moment I am enjoying using twine on my projects, so I added some loops with a Martha Stewart butterfly at the end, then a  little stamp with some MME stamps a mix of prima and AC thickets for my title, the journalling and all done.

The photo - on Sundays my Mum and Dad get a whole selection of papers in, and so when we get together for Sunday lunches there after lunch most of us dip into the papers.  I hadn't realised that my son has obviously observed this too....and it made me smile when I caught him on the sofa with the paper!

Here is a link if you want to come and see the rest of the pages the DT have created and also to join in with us.





28 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous, I love all the detailing

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page, the colours are gorgeous. Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page. I love that messy background, and the wriggly twine. So perfect!

    Did you see my blog event? The round up is here, and all giveaways close tonight at 11.59pm BST: http://www.jennifersjumbles.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/end-of-weekend-but-not-end-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful layout! great job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!
    I adore the twirly twine and all the fun layers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your take on this messy challenge- amazing work, beautiful layers too!! I"m your newest follower/fan!! :D
    (visiting via the Two Peas forum),
    xErin
    http://erinblegen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the misting and gesso texture. And what a great photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such s fun, artsy page!
    And super cute photo, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great texture and paint work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This layout is amazing! You do well with getting messy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. totally gorgeous!!! what a fun pict :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. He looks so serious! This is such a pretty page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Smashing page love the layout xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous page and love your process and that photo is priceless... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fantastic page, great keepsake :-) Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely page, looks like it was so much fun to create!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great page the photo is a classic and great keepsake xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is absolutely gorgeous. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous layout once again! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A fantastic LO - so much detail, beautiful colours and I love that curles twine!!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Katharine, this is a stunning page! I adore the swirls of white and how much texture that adds. You are so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another amazing layout. This really is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow I love this, it's very hard to scrap boys but you have done it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super layout...and a great photo too, love it x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Just love the artsy background....great use of those circles! Love the details too! Amazing work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Funny how kids pay attention to everything without us realizing it!! This page looks great, all the details are fabulous, like the button under the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh wow Kat, the photo is brilliant....bless. As is your stunning layout x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails