Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Sweet Dreams and some Exciting News



This is an older shot of my eldest son, and I still love it - he is asleep on my shoulder.  The photo was quite orangey so I decided to print it in black and white.

For the page I used Websters Pages In Love range.  I started by drawing 3 circles in the corner of my page in pencil (I used the inside of a roll of masking tape...yes a compass would have been easier).  I then stitched around the circles 3 times and rubbed  out the lines. I punched some circles and then folded in each side - the easiest way to do this is to make a little square template to use on each one and then fold.  I will try and put together a little tutorial on this as it is really easy.  I put the folded circles in lines on the right hand side of the page and then used the punch circle waste behind my photo.  I also created a little folded flower from a strip of paper and doily edge punch (yep another on my list of tutorials to do - it is so quick and easy too), and made some leaves cutting out the shape with pinking shears and embossing some veins on them, then rubbing over distress ink.  I cut out some hearts added lots of stitching and then finished it off with the title and some flicks of white acrylic.  

This is the last page I did for the A Trip Down Memory Lane gallery, though there is a card too.

Saving the exciting news til last;  I am absolutely delighted to have been invited to join the Tando Design Team.  


If you haven't heard of Tando they are a British company that creates beautiful chipboard pieces from 3D objects to pieces for cards and pages, as well as a lovely range of masks.  I'll be back at the end of the month with a page I have just created, here is a link to the blog so you can meet all the other new members of the team and see all the inspiration and you can win some goodies too to celebrate.





http://www.atripdownmemorylane.co.uk/catalog/gallery.php?cid=10&rid=1

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails