Wednesday 17 September 2014

Rafting





This is one of the single pages that I did for my Project Life style holiday album (you can see a bit more about it over on the ATDML blog here with my tips).  I love all the triangles that are about at the moment - so had a go at a page cutting off the corners with lots of patterned paper.  It doesn't actually use that much as with the double sided paper you can just turn the pieces over and layer them  up and then trim them.

As the page was watery themed...and really I need no excuse...I used some broken china distress ink and a water brush to create the background - the page didn't get very wet with the water brush and I like that you can let it dry and then ad a few more layers.  I used Simple Stories Good Day sunshine collection and some of the bits of ephemera that come with the papers too, washi tape, buttons and stickers and lace - just lots of layers.

The rock that we were rafting towards is know as the 'Whale' the idea was to land on it - which we kind of did, but then the back of the boat slid around the side of the rock with the current and there was a bit of falling (not out the boat) - so a dramatic element to our rafting which was great fun!




2 comments:

  1. Gorgous Page!! You ARE mad though , you Do know this!!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it might nick this idea if you don't mind. Looks great fun but scary.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails