Monday 9 January 2017

Christmas Glasses


This is one of those photos of what is a small present that suddenly becomes a big part of your Christmas....and it is unpredictable - who would have thought that a straw pair of glasses would bring so much fun!!

I recently picked up a mixed media large stamp that looks like loads of splatters - I love the white splatters of paint that you get on lots of the mixed media layouts now, and I have done it manually and am getting better at it (or closer to the effect that I want to achieve), but having the control of the stamp on some occasions is really good (especially if you are at a crop and have a friend working next to you!!!).  The background is a mix of red, brown and then gold embossed splatter stamps! I then used some of the Classic Christmas papers from Simple Stories around the photo and one of their chipboard frames (still love those).  I also had a play with embossing powder on some Tando baubles - I did half in a glittery red and then half in gold embossing powder and hung them from my photo, adding a few Simple Stories stickers as well


This shows some of the splatters the stamp is called Splatter and is by Impression Obsession - it is a large stamp so I used the rolling technique to just stamp where I wanted the splatters rather than have it mounted on a stamp block.


I added a little interest to the distressed edges with some punching poking out behind the layers.


One of my favourite little frames with one of the Classic Christmas square stickers in the centre.


Here are the Tando baubles - I did add both lots of embossing powder one after the other - I think it would possible work better to emboss half, then add the second powder and emboss again, but I need to have a play with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails