Monday, 16 January 2017

The Liberty Bell with rust!

For this page I used some of the Prima Craftsman papers as the base and cut out several of the cogs as well as adding some of my own.  I used a Tando mask and some Iron Paste from Pentart, then I added some rust effect powders and let it dry.  I decided to add the Iron Paste and powder to the Tando cogs too, once that was dry I used the Rust Regeants and Rust effect from Pentart to rust all the paste and powder, and this built up the rust - it develops as you go - you probably need to leave it a good half an hour but you can see the magic start to happen before that.

I used a mixture of papers from Prima and some form the Kaisercraft Scrapyard range too, I also added some white flecks with my splatter stamp.

Here you can see how the rust has grown from the areas I placed the rust effect powder - you get proper orange looking rust.

You can see the powder on the cogs and a bit of the paste - I also used a little bit of the metallic waxes on the edges which give a beautiful metal like look.


Related Posts with Thumbnails