Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Bikes


Continuing with my love of string and jillibean paper!! : D I threaded it, wrapped it and then stitched with it - my tip for sewing it is to split out the fibres and maybe only use one/two strands (like in cross stitch).  Always make the holes 1st too - I pencilled the swirls 1st then made holes over the lines and then rubbed them out and stitched it.  I turned this into a running stitch.  For my threading string - I used the martha stewart double loop punch.  The wrapping was around one of the jillibean blossom soup die cuts.  Most of the papers I have used are part of the blossom soup range, I made some more rosettes and used deckle edge scissors and the double loop punch for those.  I also used the scalloped edge die cut from that set to make lots more scalloped edge paper as it is a great template :) I inked my kraft letters, and stitched a folded bicycle paper ribbon, added a few stickers.  So this is a traditional holiday adventure on our bikes - I was looking after my youngest and had the job of being chief motivator - it was a glorious day and the kids were exhausted and slept well at the end - so did I.  Here are the close ups for you.





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails