Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Thank you Cards

Here are some cards that I made over the last couple of days.  Mixture of styles and ideas!  I have used a variety of Jillibean papers to make my houses, then doodled them - the thanks stickers are My Little Shoebox - they are a great size and so useful!
This is a variation on a quilled card - I roughly twisted the circles around a cocktail stick and then squashed them a bit - which makes them a bit more Rennie Mackintosh style rose (good for using up odds and ends of cardstock as the strips need to be fairly thin).  I edged my heart shape with some lace.

The last card I had my sewing machine out so had to use it. I first cut out several strips of paper using my deckle edge scissors and then stitched them down the middle (another great way to use up your scraps) - I like the ruffled effect it gives.  I cut out a bird house and covered a maya road chipboard bird with the papers I was using.  I inked the chipboard branch and then attached the bird house to it using some ribbon.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails