Thursday, 13 June 2013

Enjoying the Sun


Whilst we were at the ATDML retreat we were able to choose our papers for this month...well with sooo much choice it was very hard - I went with some of the Studio Calico Snippets as well as some Maggie Holmes Crate Paper ephemera for this page (and there is a big sale going on over at ATDML so the papers are all reduced!).

  I had a go at making some oversized chevrons (inspired by the Studio Calico wood veneers) to focus the eye in on my photo - I only used the blues and greens from the rainbow coloured snippets paper as this went really well with the Maggie Holmes embellishments - I did pop in a bright pink 3 tho!  I love the ephemera packs as there are sooo many cameras in this one and you can't go wrong with a camera on a scrapbook page, but just loads of beautiful die cuts you can layer up too - I even added in a few pearly buttons. The alpha is by Prima and the inky drops are Patina Glimmer mist - I also stitched quite a few of the pieces, but unusually for me I did ink any of the edges and kept it all quite white.

The photo is of one of my son and his cousins sat on a bench in the sunshine on one of the warmer days earlier in the year, I added a glassine pocket and journaled about the day and the kids all hanging out together.







LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails