Wednesday 5 June 2013

Mission Space


Some more of our Florida shots and this is Spaceship Earth....a ride that looks unassuming in a large warehouse....it offers you two options - the more gentle and the more extreme....didn't look scary we went for the more extreme.  You get in the building and loaded into a little box spaceship...at which point you think - there are proper roller coaster over the head harnesses (small alarm bell rings), then there are sick bags in the holders in front (larger alarm bell ringing).  It was quite an incredible space flight simulation - you actually felt something like g-force (or it could have been for all I know) - I can see why someone might feel sick, but fortunately none of us were and it was a great ride.

The page is made up from Studio Calicos snippets and some Amy Tangerine Yes Please in there too.  I started with the shape that I wanted for my page, and then rollered my glitz chevron roller stamp on the background with white ink.  I then pleated and layered and distressed lots of my papers, I used my ek success book punch, and added a glassine envelope behind the photo with all the details about the ride.  The alpha are AC thickers and I found some wood veneer numbers in hobby craft, as well as adding an echo park brad.

There is lots more inspiration using these papers in the ATDML gallery over here.



5 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it but I would have been.sick lol

    Love all the layers in your layout and I think I need one of those roller stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. That roller stamping looks fun. Great page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so loving that roller stamp .... I feel a little shopping may be in order.

    This is just such a great page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is gorgeous, I love the colour scheme on this one Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story ! Super roller stamping and I love how you used white ink. x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails