Monday, 10 June 2013

Layering Masks - What can you see?


Last weeks theme over at Tando was masks, so I dug out a couple for my page - Tangled Yarn and the Harlequin mask.  I started my page by using blue distress stains with the Harlequin mask, then I covered the central area of the page in gesso...then a layer of washi tape and then another layer using the Tangled Yarn mask, a palette knife and washi tape (I also printed with it using up some of the excess gesso on the mask).  The next layer was a doily and then I started with the patterned paper - I used the hexagons from MME Follow Your Heart papers and there are a few Echo Park journal cards and October Afternoon stickers as well as a couple of Tando chippies - the heart and camera.

The photo is from a restaurant in Everglade city and the kids enjoyed using their grandparents binoculars whilst we waited for the food - there is something irresistible about binoculars or a telescope - I seem to have lots of pictures of them looking off into the distance!





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails