Wednesday 24 October 2012

7 Years Old


Another page with the lovely Midway Papers and some Tando Creative Stars :)  My page is up on the Tando blog too as this week we are focusing on basic shapes and I just think you can't go wrong with a star, be it boys, girls, holiday, Christmas....any occasion can have a star :)

I started the page with my trusty plate - to lightly draw a circle that I then stitched over 3 times.  I then layered a mixture of the midway papers - distressing and stitching the edges - I also use some of the stickers and a strip of the MME Christmas washi tape.  I printed a large typewritter font number 7 on the computer to use as a template for my oversized number and stitched this too (yes that was a little fiddley). I covered the stars in white and then yellow acrylic paint and added a little glitter - I dabbed the paint on them to keep the texture and once dry placed them around the edge of the circle.  I then added a banner at the bottom of the circle, and a couple of the Midway stickers and a Studio Calico camera too.  The last touches were a small cluster of pennants/banner at the top of the page and some flicks of white paint.

This is my son and his smurf birthday cake....which was colourful and covered in plastic smurfs and then sprayed with some amazing edible silver spray which the kids loved.  I love this photo and the way the candles are reflecting in his hair - no idea how to make that happen but it did :)

There will be more inspiration over on the Tando blog all week so here is a link if you would like to check it out.







10 comments:

  1. What a fun page. I love all the layering. Great photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that's a fab page, Katherine. Hope you won't mind me pinching the 'stitched circle and stars' idea?
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sooo much about this one-not sure where to start, so I just pinned it! :) I'll definitely be scraplifting this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stars along the circle! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute layout love the banner and the circle around the photo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout. I like the banner and how the photo pops off that dark blue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mega fun!!! Seriously awesome layout! Fabulous design! Clever girl!!! :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout as always Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that stitched circle! Reminds me that I need to get my machine sorted....

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails