Wednesday 31 October 2012

Happy Birthday Pumpkin


The challenge this month on the tando creative blog is to use orange, green, purple and black...so I thought I would make a seasonal birthday card.  I've used some of the left over chipboard pieces I had after making this fridge magnet - so I used half the little tando banner and covered it in seedless preserves distress ink with some liquid pearl drops too, and then I cut up the remains of the flourish that I had used for my flower leaves to make the pumpkin leaves.  These I covered in olive green distress ink and then went around the edge with brown.  I cut my pumpkin shapes out of some scraps of an old October Afternoon paper and then covered it in some ripe persimmon distress ink and then edged it with the gathered twig coloured distresss ink.  Next I added some dashed pumpkin lines.

On the card itself I used a kaisercraft die cut sheet to make the frame - a tip from Emille and used the orange and purple distress ink for this, then a couple of lines of tissue tape and a martha stewart tape, a small square of green paper behind my pumpkin and I also used it to make my cocktail stick banner.  Layered it all up using some foam pads too and the final touches were some purple flicks of purple violet cosmic shimmer mist and then some green and white dots of liquid pearls too.

and I'm looking at banners over on Created by ATDML






15 comments:

  1. This made me smile as not only is it gorgeous but your method of writing makes it sound as if the whole process was quite matter of fact and straightforward, which it probably is in your very creative mind. It's a fantastic feeling isn't it, when the muse is with you and things just flow like that? It doesn't happen very often to me but I love it when it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card!!! love how you did the pumpkins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card. I've just found some of the little calendar books I had left over from new year projects and your card has given me ideas on ways to use them up, thanks.

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card love the little flag :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so cute...tThe ittle guy next door was born on halloween. I will show this card to his Mum!
    Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this... great use of the space, and the splatters are fab. Love the layers of pumpkins and bunting... great card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. BTW looking forward to meeting you IRL on Saturday at ATDML retreat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card! I love your pumpkins.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card.It's so inspired.Love the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails