Sunday 7 October 2012

Tando Birthday Blog Hop - History of Tando - It's on the Fridge


Welcome to Tandos 3rd Birthday Blog Hop - a "History of Tando'.  I am the last hop before you need to go back to the Tando blog, and it's quite fitting as I used one of Tando's first products - the Leaf Flourishes and also one of their most recent - the Works a Part kits called Come Fly with Me.  I created a fridge magnet for today....and being a scrapper I obviously have to have a photo on it. 

I started by covering the chipboard base with white gesso and then layered on some old book pages too.  I spritzed the base with blue patina glimmer mist and also some black glimmer mist and left it to dry.  I painted and covered the banner and hot air balloon in book paper.  Once the paint was dry I added a layer or crackle paint (which didn't work quite as I expected but then I didn't have a thick layer of paint on the base, however it did give me a grainy textured surface that I quite liked - so a happy accident).  I covered the leave flourish with some olive green distress ink and then went around the edge with tea dye.  Once the paint was dry I layered up some paper strips and tissue tape to poke out behind the photo, and added a strip of cream lace to the bottom. I then stuck on my photo and started layering up all the elements (have inked the edges 1st) including my large prima flower, the clouds and bunting. I added a little bull dog clip on the bottom (note for next time make the hole and do this as one of the 1st things) and used some wire to hang it on and then added paper over the back to protect the end.  Last step was to add a magnet to the back - mine is just an old piece where the front of the magnet fell off and I used my strongest tape to stick it on the back with.

I did get my son to write me a note, as I couldn't find the one that he had spontaneously done for me that told me I was the best Mum in the World! These little magnets make great Christmas gifts...even my husband tends to acquire any I make for his magnetic board at work...so a crafty man gift too.








From here please head over to the Tando Blog where you will see the amazing giveaway for taking part - here is a picture of the goodies.



Here is a list of the full hop just incase you get lost on the way or haven't started it yet :)

>>>>>>>you are here >>>>>>>>Katherine


47 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Will have to try a few of these

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fridge magnet is brilliant,love it
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A magnet like that would make any fridge look great! I'm going to have to try a few of these as presents. Thanks for the tutorial too, more great inspiration from the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! what a fabulous project this is. A wonderful idea. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Its very winderful!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea. Thank-you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's such a great idea and so beautiful!! love the use of the tando products and the cute picture of your son!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peace full design and a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic fridge magnet (and a lovely wee note from your DS!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww! Your son is gorgeous, and such an adorable note from him. I love the magnet, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Last but not least Katherine. Such a variety of inspiration I've had this morning doing this blog hop for a product I'd never heard of before this morning.
    I love the colours in this project and how it's dimensional yet still practical enough to have on the fridge. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well the photo steals the show but you've really made it shine through various techniques and products. a very inspirational piece. love it x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet and functional! Adorable photo. Love the light blues and the little clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous - the balloon and bunting are so delicious, and what a brilliant, cheeky photo! Thanks for a great week of inspiration at Tando!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely piece and great ideas for a fridge magnet with a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katherine this is so beautiful and I just love your little note too. Fab use of the kit x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that's really lovely. I love the idea of attaching a note from your son.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous magnet but an even gorgeous photo. Love this creative piece.
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just fabulous,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. brilliant idea and so gorgeous, really love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. that is such a cute idea, and a cute boy to grace your project too x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute project! I need one or two of these on my fridge. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my ow cute is this..you have a fab blog hugs sassyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea. Love all those embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeus project. Love the note and how you embellised the Tandoes and used Them around the great pict of your DS.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow. This is just gorgeous! The colors are simply breathtaking and I love anything with a hot air balloon. And the picture is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely project. Love your son note :)
    Thank you for the blog hop and tutorials :)
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous little creation and I love the colours

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  29. So gorgeous! Love the colours and all the bits and pieces, looks so cool and would make such a lovely gift. The photo is really cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is simply wonderful. Love the beautiful flower in the corner. Adds a sweet touch. TFS
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  31. love the fridge magnet idea the photo is lovely and the whole design is super for scrappers like myself xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. this is a brilliant idea i love it emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. A superb fridge magnet and a fabulous photograph too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your picture magnet looks great! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So grungy and beautiful! I love happy accidents - serendipity, right? Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a great fridge magnet and love your gorgeous additions - you are so clever

    ReplyDelete
  37. i love this,the colours,the texture,the grin :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails