Monday 22 October 2012

You are my Sunshine


There is a new sketch from the lovely Val over at the Studio Blog, it is based on a page from Tessa Buys, so here is my take on it using some of October Afternoons Midway collection.  A while back I was lucky to be selected as one of the winners of some candy on Amy Hellers blog on a October Afternoon Cake Walk hop...well it didn't arrive and I just figured it got lost somewhere in the post.  Then a few weeks a go I was contacted by one of their team apologising for the delay as there had been some problems their end and they sent me a pack of Midway and their 9 to 5 collection - and it is all gorgeous so a big thank you to October Afternoon.  

Back to the page - this is my son on the beach on holiday...doing what he normally does on beaches - collect water, build things and study the wildlife :)  I started with a spritz of yellow for the background and then some splatters of mango blaze cosmic shimmer.  I then die cut the You Are My Sunshine tag on my Silhouette and layered up washi tape behind the words.  I mounted my photo and added some off cuts behind the photo and made a little tab at the top of the page.  Before I stuck it all down I used my Teresa Collins (she is the sponsor for the prize this month at the studio) stamps - both the bingo card and then I made the words into some sunbeams too...I love those words I can see them appearing on many a page - I think I have a small obsession with typewriter fonts developing!

So if you would like lots of inspiration and to join in the challenge here is the link.

Also the Ukscrappers "Now we are 10" cybercrop is happening towards the end of October so if you haven't discovered Ukscrappers do go and have a look - you get to join a team and then there will be lots of free classes as well as challenges to join in and there are loads of prizes on offer...it's not going to be completed just over the weekend so you will have longer to do the classes and take part - I love them and always learn loads and meet lots of new friends on the team...here is a link for that too 








18 comments:

  1. I must stop looking at your posts - you make me buy stuff!! Ha Ha Just bought All the papers in sweet Caroling with wood on them after looking at last post.
    This is gorgeous - just whats needed on a wet foggy day today .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little scatters. Just what you need on a grey October morning. tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the bright colors! the misting is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout and all splatters and pieces here and there... Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page, and I love the mist and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you did the title and splats of color all over. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colorful splatters and layers behind the cut-out words! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely summery photo on a dull day:) Loving the splots and splashes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely bright, light layout - it really does feel like our long lost sunshine!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful layout. I love the cutout title

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout, love the splatter and the colorful title

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layout...love the words arranged like the rays of sunshine!!!
    Thanks for the tip about the IK scrappers do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant layout!I love the splatters and the scattering of embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so fun! I love the words in the sunbeams. That looks so cool. Great mist splatters and I love the colors in the background on the title. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous layout Sutty, love the colours.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fantastic! Love the title! Such a happy page!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails