Friday 19 October 2012

In the Grain


Here is a page I loved making...  I was mulling over the subject of my Trends on Tuesday post over at A Trip Down Memory Lane and decided on woodgrain, and then thought I really ought to go all out on wood (not sure what it would end up looking like!).  I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by my page!

My kids obliged me with a lovely shot in front of a beautiful log wall when we were out, and I decided to carry the logs on for the mount around the photo.  I punched 1" circles and then distressed the edges and used a white gel pen for the grain (the paper is Crate's Farmhouse collection).  I added a Simple Stories bingo card, and then some of the Farmhouse stickers and some burlap too.  The alphas are a mix of some woodgrain thickers I picked up on my holiday and a prima pack, I also included some journalling behind the photo.  I had decided the title for my post before I did the page - which was in the grain....and then it turned out to be a great page title too...as the journalling looks at some of the similarities my kids have to me and my husband (like both of our parents reckon both of them look like us when we were kids :) makes me smile every time as I look nothing like my husband!! so I guess they are both a good mixture) and how my eldest gets cold in swimming pools quickly like me and my youngest doesn't...in fact like his father he could wear shorts all year around!






15 comments:

  1. I love this page!It has so much texture.hard to believe it's paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made those logs. I thought you cut them out of log paper. The wood theme worked great on your layout! Those little banners are a nice touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page! Love the circle log ends you created. And how convenient that you were able to capture the image next to a log pile!! It's like it was meant to be. LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout, love how you made the frame for the photo, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow!! How creatively cool is this? I have some woodgrain paper sitting around collecting dust because it intimidates me a little. I LOVE what you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool-I love all of the textures you've used here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the circles of wood effects on the papers Its another fab page

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great LO's, I really like how you made the circles look like the end of logs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout love all the wood grain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very cool wood circles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's great. Your logs look fantastic. So effective and so simple to achieve. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you page and all the elements. I know what you mean about the children being such a mixture but also looking just like you ! Both my girls look just like me so I am told but they are nothing like me and our son is a replica of hubby when I first met him.. Scarey ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cool! Love the wood circles and the play on the title! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails