Thursday 11 October 2012

Tyntesfield Mini Album


There are rather a lot of photos for this one.  For this one I have to say thank you to the lovely Brenda who goes to my local craft group, and showed me a fantastic one sheet mini album (courtesy of Rosemary Merry who has an excellent video tutorial on her blog here it on the right hand side).  So I collected my photos from a day trip to the National Trust Property and grounds at Tyntesfield.  I am completely out of season as when we went it was nearly Easter and so the kids spent lots of time running around on an egg hunt.

I used a sheet of October Afternoons 9 to 5 collection for the base (all the papers are part of my kit from A Trip Down Memory Lane....so here is a link to the gallery for lots more inspiration).  I worked out the sizes I needed my photos to be and trimmed them down then matting them on white card stock.  On ones side of the book I focused mainly on the kids running around, the other side is some of my attempts at more arty shots around the grounds - like the beautiful tree line walk - very Pride and Prejudice.

I die cut the I love days out on my silhouette and then just used little bits of the 9 to 5 papers to make journal patches or small embellishments, as well as a little punching and the odd doily too.  I used a typewriter font free from the web to type out the titles...and here are all the photos.  It is one of the quickest minis I have put together and I reckon it would work well for a Christmas gift  too and Tyntesfield is beautiful.













19 comments:

  1. Oh kat that's lovely will have to check out the video for how to later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love love love this mini album/book - so much, I'm going to 'lift' it, so long as you don't mind and make one today from some old old photo's I'e recently discovered of my kids from when they were small. Thanks for the inspiration. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. one sheet - it looks like so much more. A lovely reminder of what sounds like a perfect day! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome mini! I love the folded page style and it gives so much room to add all the photos. This turned out great. Love all the touches you added like the flags to the tops of photos and the punched edges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fantastic mini album!! great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nicely done.. love the color and the picture .. i love mini album book.. mini creation.. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so nice. It's great to have all the photos of a day out together and it looks great in your mini book. Thanks for the comment on the blog earlier......hope the drs worked their magic and your arms better:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great mini book. It's lovely to have all your photos of a day out together in one place. It really tells a story I think. Thanks hit the blog comment today, it made me smile. I hope the drs worked their magic and your arms is better now:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous mini. It looks like it took oh so much more paper than that. What a clever use of the paper.
    You did a fabulous job and i love the way you kept the arty pics to the one side. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this album.It looks fabulous and I'm off to check out the tutorial now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, such a cool architecture for a mini-album, brilliantly papered and decorated! Gorgeous work...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great little project. And it held lots of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fabulous project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What an amazing project!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A really lovely way to keep your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous way to keep your memories.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails