Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Caught on Camera


This fortnights challenge at the Studio is based on a gorgeous sketch by Val Mangan.  I dug into my Maggie Holmes papers from Crate Paper (the ephemera packs that they sell with them are just gorgeous and packed full of beautiful piece - like the tag, stamp and milk bottle top on the page...but so much more).  Working with a sketch always makes me a little quicker, so I started with a yellow border, and then cut a vellum pennant which I layered with a tag and some of the cloud paper, I then stitched over the top and hung buttons and cameras on the stitching.  I next layered up a few of the papers behind the photo - have a shot of my niece in the pictures in her pink top makes the pink really easy to use.  I then added some of my ephemera pack and an American Crafts flower to the little cluster of embellishments by the photo.  A few drops of black ink, and some Amy Tangerine thickers - stitched on.

So you are still asking about the photo?  We took some shots with the cousins - I think it was Easter weekend.  My kids decided to have a little bit of a mess around, and whilst I was looking through the lense at all of them I saw my eldest with his grandparents silver bowl on his head and his thumbs up...and you know everytime I look at this photo it makes me laugh :)




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails