Tuesday 7 May 2013

Caught on Camera


This fortnights challenge at the Studio is based on a gorgeous sketch by Val Mangan.  I dug into my Maggie Holmes papers from Crate Paper (the ephemera packs that they sell with them are just gorgeous and packed full of beautiful piece - like the tag, stamp and milk bottle top on the page...but so much more).  Working with a sketch always makes me a little quicker, so I started with a yellow border, and then cut a vellum pennant which I layered with a tag and some of the cloud paper, I then stitched over the top and hung buttons and cameras on the stitching.  I next layered up a few of the papers behind the photo - have a shot of my niece in the pictures in her pink top makes the pink really easy to use.  I then added some of my ephemera pack and an American Crafts flower to the little cluster of embellishments by the photo.  A few drops of black ink, and some Amy Tangerine thickers - stitched on.

So you are still asking about the photo?  We took some shots with the cousins - I think it was Easter weekend.  My kids decided to have a little bit of a mess around, and whilst I was looking through the lense at all of them I saw my eldest with his grandparents silver bowl on his head and his thumbs up...and you know everytime I look at this photo it makes me laugh :)




15 comments:

  1. Great layout Katherine See the cameras feature again ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the little details! great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout. Love the colors and embellies and that sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that photo, it made me smile - typical boy!!

    What a fab layout, those papers are gorgeous and theres so many little details to look at

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrapping was made for photos like this. Love your Li, all those embellies are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katharine, I love that vertical eye catcher of a tag on the upper right. Your pop of yellow (uber trendy, I might add) really draws the eye too...of course the whole show is completely stolen by the child with the metal bowl on his head. Thought it might have been a bed pan at first (lol). Grand design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol! I had to smile at the photo. typical boy!! great page..love all the stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really have to laugh at that photo, it's the thumbs up that really makes it comical :) it's such a fabulous layout, it's got so much interest

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the page, gorgeous as always.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout, awesome photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, my eye was drawn to the tag too, lovely papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha- this is so lovely,boys will be boys,and your colours are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha ha ha just lovely page ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails