Wednesday 15 May 2013

Spring is in the Hair


Here is another page using the lovely Snippets and Classic papers from Studio Calico....I went for a very clean (but wouldn't go for simple) page.  The reason not simple as I suddenly realised how hard it is to line everything up really straight, which is why I often crumple the edges, I'm not a great measurer - I go on the way it looks, but tI had my ruler out for this one and there was lots of fiddling around to get the page to look vaguely straight and it still isn't perfect!  So the design is simple and I filled my smaller squares with wood veneers and buttons and stickers.

The photo is from a trip last spring/summer to some gardens - and my husband was complaining that my kids needed a haircut - this is quite a full head of hair for my youngest - but you will notice something that I am not allowed to mention or do a page about (I have been warned by him) if you look at the hair - the reason for it was because his hair was getting in his eyes....and obviously what he did made a huge difference (I just love him!)

Also I posted yesterday over on Created by ATDML - looking at polaroid shapes, and if Mel did what she did last month then comments could mean you are up for a prize...here is the link.






17 comments:

  1. What a wonderful layout! I love the squares and that they have the same hight as the photo mat. It is very pleasing to the eye! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, a simple concept with great results, and great for using all those small embellishments you're never sure what to do with. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the squares and embellies. Just a great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those blocked accents! Sweet LO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, that's neat! Love the grid and wood pieces - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool page! Great job lining everything up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute play on words for your title!
    I love the linear, grid design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout, love the squares filled in with the embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this... Another idea snaffled!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the geometric design - know what you mean about lining everything up! Putting the little accents in the squares looks really effective too :-) love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the clean lines on this page - with lots of lovely detail too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous layout I soooooooooo know what you mean about lining everything up I did a class on the last cyber crop on UK Scrappers that was all regimental - drove myself insane with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo I like this a lot, I can feel a scraplift coming on if that's ok?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo I like this a lot, I can feel a scraplift coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore the simple lines of this layout, so clean and simple but oh so much interest

    ReplyDelete
  16. That photo is adorable. I love wee boys with long hair and moan if DS has his cut too short! I absolutely love the LO and will pin it for future inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Still creating those gorgeous pages Katherine :) Hope you are well. I can't wait to fit some scrapbooking in over my summer x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails