Monday 20 May 2013

Summer Treats




The challenge this fortnight for the Studio is to use just 5 products - card stock, pens and stitching don't count...so the 5 products

White Gesso
Liquid pearls
Tando Chipboard butterfly (covered in paper)
Websters - Picnic Basket paper
Websters Modern Romance circle stickers


Here is the websters sheet - I made my own die cut and cut out the picnic basket...and used the strip on the bottom of the paper.

I started by lining all my cut out elements on the cardstock, and then removed them and covered the card with white gesso using a palette knife.  I used a bazzil scalloped circle as the template for the my dotted die cut, I used foam pads to raise some of the elements and added a banner of circles which I carefully dotted with liquid pearls.  I printed the title out using word and then poked holes through it onto the card stock, then stitching it.

If you would like to see lots more lovely inspiration and join us here is the link.





13 comments:

  1. Hi Katherine!
    Thanks so much for your lovely comments, and yes, you're right, it's so lovely to be back intouch :) and will deffo take a peek at UK Scrappers and a look at your link for inspiration.
    I adore this page, and what a fab photo! Your boy is so lovely!!!
    I love how you have cut up the original page and used the different elements as die cuts, what a great idea!
    I also LOVE the sewing! how clever!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A stunning page. I love the muted summery colours, all the cutting, the stitched title and, of course, the fab photo.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout once again love the colours so fresh

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh i do love this page..it's so gently and delicate and the picnic basket embellies look good x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- this is so lovely,I'm very impressed with your sewing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgoeus katherine! Keep up the good work! Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Katherine! So very clever, keep up the great work!!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this! Beautiful layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a bright and sunny layout Kat. I LOVE the stitching. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty, summery page. Make me wish we had a summer! Love the circle details and the stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails