Saturday 18 May 2013

Vintageness with Websters and Tando


Emma Trout has posted a challenge over on the Websters InspireMe site to use some of their newer sticker range....and Tando Chipboards' theme for the week is vintage.....so I combined the 2!

This is a shot of my Dad and Aunt - I scanned it in as the photo is not mine, but I wanted to add it to my family album...so I cleaned up some of the scratches a little and here it is.  I started by cutting one of the Websters die cut papers in half (much like a page I saw by Gabi Pollacco), I also cut out lots of flowers from the papers, and then made a punched strip to go where the flowers and die cut overlap. On top of the doily lace punched edge I added some lace, and then I stitched and folded some chiffon ribbon. I used one of the Modern Romance circle stickers dotted with liquid pearls, then I layered up my Tando chipboard.  I painted, inked and stamped it, finally added some pearl dots that I sprinkled with embossing powder (which I didn't heat), then layered up some prima flowers and miniature roses as well as another Modern romance sentiment sticker and pin.  All in all lots of layers - I even found some small heart stickers with my alphabet stickers which I scattered around too.





2 comments:

  1. What a stunningly beautiful page Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine!
    I'm finally back in blog land, and love your beautiful blog, and ofcourse your stunning layout too!
    So lovely and interesting that we share the same hobby, if only we had discovered scrapping when we used to work together all those years ago, we would have had so much fun!
    I've really got the scrapping bug back, and have been trying to make up for lost time, my craft room looks like a paper factory explosion! but at least I'm having fun!
    Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work!
    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails