Sunday 12 May 2013

Not Again!


All inspired after the ATDML retreat I wanted to scrap some more - which confused my DH!!  I used some of the Studio Calico Sundrifter papers as well as their Classic line for this page.  

I started with the white cardstock, and used the Tando Tangled Yarn mask with some texture paste, and then some spritz's of blue and brown glimmer mist.  I ripped the white cardstock in a couple of places and layered up the papers and some seed beads as well as making some little paper roses (which I haven't done in ages).  For the photo mount I started with a doily and some strips of paper, then wrapped my photo with string, and added some more paper roses and a couple of pins that I added beads to.

The title is 'not again' as this is the log flume/roller coaster ride at Florida and we got there early one morning and wanted to go on it (well the kids and DH wanted to go on it) as we hadn't been able to the previous visit because of some big electrical storms.  So first thing the ride was quite quiet...we go round once...and my Mum and Dad have a video of us arriving at the bottom, and the kids talking about going on it again...I'm saying no...not again....and unfortunately there was no queue at all so we didn't even get out the boat...and did it again!




13 comments:

  1. Lovely layout Sutty, the cluster of flowers are so cool with the little pins :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what a fab page. I hope you don't mind me pinning it.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great LO. I love all the texture and detail that you have included.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous layout, I love all of the little details.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beauty... such delicate use of colour against that wonderful inky background, and the layering of your elements is gorgeous. Sorry I've got so behind with visiting... life just takes over sometimes!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours you have used, also all of the different textures you have on this page

    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just fabulous, i love all the layers and clustering and well it is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this layout. the colours and the dribbles are fab

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looooove this page! Everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always stunning! It's interesting that you've used a plan background. It's beautiful! A lot of layouts at the moment are very busy and are based around papers, so it's just lovely to see the photo doing the talking

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous layout and love the story behind the page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so pretty! Love all the soft colors and layers!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails